Overview Of Diarrhoea
- Diarrhoea is a disease that is spread from one person to another due to infection from an organism.
Causes Of Diarrhoea
Usually, diarrhoea is caused from the following:
- Consuming tainted food (food poisoning)
- Drinking polluted water
- Spreads from a person who is experiencing the condition.
Apart from this there are particular non-infectious disorders that can be causing diarrhoea. These consist of:
- Swelling in the lining of the stomach
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- A pocket forms in the lining of the abdomen and gets infected which is known as Diverticulitis.
- Allergic to milk
- Allergies to some foods
- Some medication
Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
Diarrhoea is a condition where an individual passes three or more soggy or wet stools per day. It might be accompanied with:
- Stomach ache
- Feeling weak
- Loss of hunger
- Pain and spasms in the tummy or abdominal area
- Severe weight loss (in serious cases)
Treatment Of Diarrhoea
The commonly employed treatment options for diarrhoea include:
Keep Your Body Hydrated
- When experiencing diarrhoea one loses a lot of crucial electrolytes from the body extremely fast; dehydration can occur if these electrolytes are not restored effectively.
- So, it is a great plan to drink some water which contains electrolytes that you can buy at any chemist.
Avoid Greasy and Curried Foods
- These types of foods are tricky to digest and can lead to additional swelling of an already uneasy belly.
Get Adequate Rest
- When you have diarrhoea, make sure you get enough rest and avoid going to work or school until better.
Complications Of Diarrhoea
- Blood visible in your stools
- If the diarrhoea occurs a lot throughout the day
- If you are experiencing severe cramps and pain in your stomach